Saturday, November 19, 2011

A time of thanksgiving

The adoption process is one of many twists and turns.  We have had such a GREAT experience in every way so far.  Our home study is COMPLETE!! !:) HOORAY!! After the home study, we had to complete something called a "dossier".  This is the international paperwork part of the adoption.  We completed all paperwork, traveled to four different counties to have them notarized, and finally on Monday will be traveling to the state capital to have them notarize the dossier PLUS four copies.  The crazy part about this is that each certification cost a small amount.  Can I just tell you that God is preparing a way for us?  It is SO amazing.  After a little research, we were expecting the certification (minus the state authentication) to cost almost $1,000.00.  God put some amazingly generous people in our path.  Despite what it "should" have been - Our grand total for county certification is 205.00.  That is such a God thing.  He has such an undeniable presence in all of this.  I feel so humbled and NOT even CLOSE to being worthy of the blessings that he is pouring out.  So many of our friends are experiencing loss and the pain of infertility - I pray everyday that God will give them peace and endurance and blessings.  I thank God everyday for getting us through four years of bad news, sadness, pain, and heartache.  He is truly the source of hope and renewal.  I can't imagine a life without knowing him. 

1 comment:

  1. Today on CNN.com I was reading an article about the Congo, and it broke my heart. I knew that things were violent and difficult there, but I don't think it had sunk in for me just how bad it was before reading that. I will definitely pray even more for your little one(s) and their safety.

    ReplyDelete