Friday, January 13, 2012

What's Next...

I haven't slept all night.  I am so so so excited and happy and it seems like a crazy dream.  We are bringing our kids home.  AHHHH!!!!!!!! So for those of you who are wondering what happens next and what exactly to pray for - here ya go.... 

THIS WEEK - We will submit final papers on Odette and Kab.  They will translate these papers and send the to the Congolese court for approval.
TWO MONTHS - is the average time that it takes for the Congolese court to approve the papers and send them to us.
THREE TO EIGHT WEEKS - is how long we expect to wait for US immigration to then approve the adoption of these sweet kiddos and send the approval to the Congo Embassy.
FOUR TO EIGHT WEEKS - is how long we expect to wait for the Congolese embassy to approve a visa for the kids and give us the long awaited call to come and get them.

What will we do while we wait?

As of right now, Kab needs about $500.00 to complete his adoption.  We will also be paying for them to be cared for by a "welcome family" (much like a foster family).  The cost for that is $500.00 a month until we get them.  Finally, we will be raising funds to cover our travel.  On an international flight, you have to purchase tickets for the littles - so we expect travel cost to be somewhere around $6000.00.   But can I tell you what is simply amazing?   All that is left is LESS than the miracle money that came in last night - so I have no doubt that in the next six months, we are going to be finishing our fundraising.  Our prayer is that we raise enough money so that we can start a "Hadiya Fund" for families to help other families in need of a little miracle money.  

I can't get this silly Sandi Patty song out of my head - it was on a kid's cd that I listened to relentlessly as a child.teen - but the words are "Miracles can happen - for those who love the Lord- Blessed are they that believe in  him, his kingdom shall be yours." (ok maybe I am a little fuzzy on the last few words and I am CLASSIC for mixing up words to songs - but you get my drift).  

So there you go.  You are forever a part of this journey and a part of their lives.  I can't wait to share even more good news! Until then....

1 Samuel 1:27 - For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.

Thank you for your ridiculous love and support!!!! 
Love,
The Chalos Party of Four

2 comments:

  1. What a miracle! God is SO good!

    Lindsay
    proverbs2412.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I get teared up every time I read your posts. The patience you both have had is beyond belief. I am so extremely happy for you both, and the two lucky children that will have you as parents! I love following your journey, and cannot wait until you get to fly to the Congo, and pick up your beautiful children! You will have to take lots of pictures of this second journey you are about to begin! Pictures of their flight to their forever home, pictures of you meeting your children for the first time, there are going to be so many amazing times in store for your new family! I only met you guys a few times, but I know you will be amazing parents, and you have been in my prayers, and will continue to be. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete