Friday, March 2, 2012

I have a love-hate relationship with Gallon Size Ziploc Bags.




It's true.  I do.  I so very much envy them.  They get to travel from lovely ole Lebanon TN to Lubumbashi, DRC.  They get to bring joy and happiness to my children while I sit here waiting on Red Tape.  Oh how I wish I was a Gallon Size Ziploc bag at least once a month.  I know it sounds crazy.  Sometimes being a parent, especially an adoptive parent, means that you feel a little crazy.  Somehow though, I love those Ziploc bags BECAUSE they travel from TN to DRC, and BECAUSE they bring joy and happiness to my kids.  (and I am SO TOTALLY assuming that - but we will go with it for now.  I mean who wouldn't love a bag of goodies, right?) They hold all of the love that we can pour into these items that we send.  These are items that we anguish over - because we want them to be perfect - to fit perfectly, to be appropriate for their developmental level, to be easily shared, to put a smile on the faces of sweet Etta and Kab.   So I guess in the end - I am beyond grateful for these Ziploc bags who carry that invisible red thread from our brick ranch in Lebanon , TN to their temporary home in Lubumbashi, DRC. That thread connects us forever and always.

                        Here are some items that we included in our second round of care packages....
                                    These are Etta's new dresses, shoes, and a little doll.



                  And here are some of Kab's goodies.  A few rompers, a pair of shoes and some blocks.


So maybe you'll never look at Ziplocs the same.  Maybe you will imagine all of those sweet hands opening their Ziploc bags packed full of love from their forever family.  I know I certainly will.


Sleep tight.
Kristle

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your outlook. The babies are so blessed with soon-to-be parents! I am so excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I cannot wait to see you with your sweet kiddos. You are one awesome momma, and so strong. This journey is molding you in so many ways. I admire your strength and faith through it all. You are an inspiration sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete