Monday, March 12, 2012

Its funny how things work out...

So this week I am on SPRING BREAK!!! - Well. Kind of.  Although, honestly I have dreaded it - I signed up to teach for this week of intersession.  I am teaching third grade reading, fourth grade math, and fifth grade math.  I wish you could have seen my major fails today - I mean - I am only a first grade teacher - with five years of Kindergarten experience on my side so 3-5 is a totally different world for me.  Can I tell you how much FUN I actually had with these kids today?  I can tell already that it is going to be such a terrific experience and TOTAL blessing. PLUS I can contribute an extra chunk to the Chalos adoption fund!  Woo Hoo!!  Here is the better news.  We received an email today that said we have a court date on WEDNESDAY IN CONGO.  What does that even mean, you ask? Well - it means that once we pass court and wait 30 days - those kiddos ARE OURS in the eyes of the DRC.  Yeah!!! Here is a breakdown of what will probably happen next.  Please remember that the times listed are ONLY estimates.  We are trying to remember that anything can happen.



 Adoptions finalized in DRC (this week or next)

I-600 is processed and approval is received (4-12 weeks)

Wait for the Embassy appointment dates to arrive (6-8 weeks)

We travel!!!!!!!

Hip, hip, hooray!!!! Finally we get to snuggle and love and kiss and hug those sweet babies. 

So what we are asking is that on Wednesday, please say a little prayer for anyone involved in the process of reading/approving our paperwork.  Thank you for your relentless support.  I know we say it every time, but we would not be able to have come this far without all of you. 

We are super pumped.  Hope you are too!!!
Love,
The Chalos (very soon to be) party of four 

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! Very exciting!!! Praying for smooth sailing and SHORT red tape!!!

    ReplyDelete