Sunday, May 8, 2011

A different kind of Mother's Day...

For the past three years, Mother's Day has been one of the hardest days of the year for me.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE celebrating the amazing women all around me (especially my Mom) who have loved me and given me advice, and just taken care of me. However,it is an extremely depressing holiday for infertile women- a reminder of the very thing that you want SO badly but just can't have.  I remember getting a thoughtless text from someone last year wishing me Happy Mother's Day.  I am SURE that this person didn't even think before they sent it - but it was really tough. That was then. This is now. Now, I have a hope.  I have peace and an assurance that I am going to BE A MOM. Wow. That is almost hard to write and believe. But I do.  Wanna know why?  God is confirming to us over and over that we are on the right path- HIS PATH.  God is blessing us SO ABUNDANTLY.  He is providing and opening doors on this adoption journey.  This week, we have been working on our Mother's Day fundraiser (as many of you already know).  I can't even begin to count the people who have blessed us financially through participating in our fundraiser, to just giving us donations, to having yard sales and donating the funds, to giving through a love offering at our church.  There are just not enough synonyms for "Thank you" in the English language.   How to I begin to thank our friends who stayed up HOURS cutting flowers and making chocolate or donating jars?  How do we even begin to thank the people who are helping us bring home a child that we have LONGED for? I have no clue.  All I can say is you are a blessing to us.  We are so humbled and happy and hopeful. 
Now I am guessing that you would like to umm...I don't know - maybe hear a grand total of funds raised through our fundraiser, contributions, and offering???? You have been amazing in your giving. We have raised 1/5th of our total need in ONE MONTH. WOW. WOW.WOW.  So the tally for this month  is........

$2,900.00

If you look to your LEFT you will see a fundraising thermometer.  We started with $650.00.  Our total is now $3550.00.  Amazing. Our goal is to raise above the $15,000 that we need in order to start an adoption fund/ministry at our church. We are so excited.  There is so much in store for us - and for you. As we walk this journey together.  From the bottom of our hearts,we thank you for your support.
Love,
Kristle and Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment