Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some days....

Some days, all this waiting business stinks!  Some days, I just want to be normal - get pregnant like a "normal" couple. Some days I feel REALLY jealous of all of our friends who have beautiful babies.  Some days I wish God would SURPRISE us with an amazing immediate answer.  Some days, I imagine what I would look like pregnant. Some days, I just want to go back to bed and start the day over.  Some days, I wish that we didn't have to save every penny for this journey. Some days, I cry.  Some days, I imagine that we got pregnant on our first try (four years ago).  Some days, I shop online all day for baby things.  Some days, my emotions are on a roller coaster.  Some days, I want to scream.
TODAY- I got to hold a beautiful adopted baby.  Today I got to see the happiness and joy in a mother's eyes over her baby's journey home.  Today, I got to kiss sweet cheeks that are loved beyond anything she can even fathom.  Today, I remembered that SOMEDAY God is going to bring our baby home, and I will be rocking him/her and kissing him/her and loving him/her.  Today is a day to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Love you my friend! Today is a great day- that dream will come true, and when it does- oh the love and joy will be so intense that God will cover all those some days with His love and they WILL become TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete