Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blessings

Today has been a terrible horrible no good very bad day.  So in the midst of dealing with an icky stomach virus that I contracted through my very sweet kiddos - I decided to air my grievances with life today. We found out last week that there were errors in some of our paperwork, so we are in the waiting process of getting those errors corrected.  What that means is that it is taking a little longer to get through this process.  The bottom line for us - the hardest part for us - is that it pretty much guarantees that  we will miss our kids birthdays.  We will miss celebrating Etta's three sweet years of life, and we will in fact miss Kab's first birthday.   Although there was no guarantee before, it is offical now.  That is pretty stinky.  There aren't really words that can tell you how very bummed we are.  I mean - I am in a funk. I know.  I thought about going on and on about what stinks in our life right now But. Here is the thing.  As I was writing, I felt a conviction so strong. I stopped writing for a few minutes and began to read about the lives of many in Africa - about their suffering - their lack of medical services, food, clean water, etc.

My life - as icky as it seems today- is so full of blessings.  So instead of a list of frustrations, I decided to create my list of blessings.

 Here are just a few...
1.  I serve a God who cares for me more than I can ever imagine.  
2.  I have the most incredible husband - who just happened to graduate college this weekend.  That's right people - he worked full time, completed all adoption paperwork, AND finished a degree.
3. In addition to my husband, I am so blessed with family members who have been and continue to be supportive.  They listened to every ache and groan in the darkest infertility years - they hugged us and helped us through every hard decision that had to be made - they rejoiced with us and celebrated the new calling on our lives.  They have supported this adoption process in every way possible.
4. We have an ENORMOUS support system.  Seriously.  YOU.HAVE.NO.IDEA.  I can easily count on my hands and feet (PLUS SOME) the number of people who are truly emotionally invested in this journey with us.  Our friends have become our family.  They will be Kab and Etta's family.
5.  There is food - an abundance of food.  We never have to worry about what we will eat.
6.  I have my doctor, dentist, chiropractor,etc... on speed dial.  I can get in touch with any of them with a single call.  That is just incredible.
7.  We are healthy.
8.  We have puppies that we can cover in love and hugs and kisses at any time.
9.  We do not have to worry about our roof caving in at any moment.  It is strong and steady and was built on a strong foundation.
10.  Two Jobs.  That is more than many even here in America have.  I need to remember that more often.

So.  That is just the beginning.  My blessings are overflowing. So I just need to read this list over and over and over and over.  When you see us - help us remember our incredible blessings.  But please don't dismiss the frustration that can be a part of this process.  We are just trying to make it one day at a time.  One more second, minute, hour - means one closer to giving our sweet kiddos a life in which they are able to count their blessings in abundance.

Blessings,
Kristle

2 comments:

  1. Kristle, I am so sorry to hear about your paperwork errors, and even more sorry about their birthdays. Our hope too was to get our Rose home by her birthday, which is this Sunday, on Mother's Day. It's tough to know that we're missing our kids' milestones for sure. I'm praying that every moment we miss will be redeemed by the overwhelming love that they will receive when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hated hearing on Sunday that it will not be late June, in time for their birthdays....probably more like late July. I am so, so sorry. You can still celebrate them when you get there - and/or when you have them home. The kids will feel all the magic of a birthday whether it's on the actual day (which they probably don't even know) or not. So sorry, though. I know that was the earnest hope... and you miss them every single day. Continuing to pray for the process, and for your kids, and for your terrible horrible no good very bad stomach virus, and for patience and peace. We love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ronda & Brian

    ReplyDelete